Aside from the fact that Wyoming is not exactly suited for a show jumper like myself, the weather is a big culprit for running me out. Clearly the photo below was taken at 7 in the morning, which means this is not the coldest it was getting. The last few days in TX however have been flip flop and tee shirt sorta days :))
Gap enjoying the sunshine and grass, but ready to get to work! He's been working hard, and I've even been riding without stirrups (hooray for self discipline), what's the saying, sweat is fat crying! or maybe it's just the humidity?!
Look at that, they're buddies now
....and a very preggo looking CorAgeous!
On another sore subject, not sure what to do about the clipping lady. She left hair on Gap and Raphael's face, ears and legs, she said she would finish Gap later because he was being bad (um, this is Gap we're talking about, he's an angel!) and like four days later he still wasn't finished so I did his whole head, redid his entire legs and ran the big clippers over his whole body again, did Raphael's head and legs too. Fly Away is just a complete disaster, looking at her body today the whole clip job is a mess >: / She's gonna need to grow out a couple weeks then probably totally reclipped.
Now the dilemma is how to handle this woman. Biggest problem is she lives on the property and is friends with owners, so if I piss her off, I piss off the owners...
Buuuut, not only were all three terrible clipping jobs, but now she's telling me she HAD to use a 30 on FA's head and neck because the hair was so thick, come the F on, I've clipped for years and never had my big clipmasters not go through any hair. Ok ok, so I'll give you that, but then again, wouldn't a smaller blade have a tougher time cutting through thick hair?!??? Hmmm....
Furthermore she tells me, well first, "what do you mean I didn't finish Raphael, he's all done and looks good, you knew I had to finish Gap though" and reiterates this a few times, then when I said I had pics, all of a sudden, well I wasn't done with Raphael, I still had to finish his face and legs. Ok lady, wtf, what's going on, first get your story straight, second.....you should be able to finish a horse in one clipping and have it ready to walk into a ring the next day. Even with the hour touchups I did, both the boys still look like sh*t and FA is a lost cause at this moment.
Grrrrrr.....
Second part of the dilemma is miss preggers still needs clipped, so do I pay this woman [more] money to do her since clipping is one of my least favorite things to do and cattily say well I'll let you do her since it doesn't matter if she looks good...cuz I basically can't tell her how I really feel about her work and piss everyone there off (until I leave that is), so do I let her do it then tell her I won't pay for FA since she already admitted she wants to redo her whole body?!
Oh, figured I'd share this photo too, poor gappers, she actually cut his face :(
Yes, I know, my life is rough, crazy drivers, bad grooms, humidity, sweat, what will I ever do ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment