Schooling went pretty well, basically got a feel for both horses but didn't do much since there were so many classes. Next day was supposed to start early but the show got off to a rough start. In any case, I won my first class so it started the week on a good note. I was showing two horses in a sh*t load of classes, many of which I never did before and the schedule was all sorts of mixed up and I was perfectly confused so I kinda gave up trying to figure out what I was doing and just said point me to the ring when I'm supposed to go in. At this point I still can't totally sort out what classes I did. I won all the equitation and jumper classes I did. I won the pre-show championship in SHUS on Gator and TC. In the Region Finals I ended up with 8 championships and 2 reserves, and I think a third. It was definitely an amazing feeling to win so many classes, and the horses were fun to ride. Plus, I was in good company, although it kinda sucked not knowing anyone at the show except the people in my barn.
(that reserve on my pocket should be a champion!)
I didn't get to explore the area much, but I was also so damn cold most of the time I didn't care to venture out of a heated area. I was excited to have the opportunity to go show, but it is a bummer to leave all my animals at home, I missed them all terribly, especially during the dog races because I'm pretty certain Squish could've won the small dog division.
Hoping I'll get to attend another Regional show or two, definitely planning on Nationals, and maybe considering Canada as well.




No comments:
Post a Comment