Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Blogging is hard

I got an email from a friend today that reminded me I hadn't updated my blog in awhile, I knew this was going to be a problem for me, but it also turned into one of those situations where I'd say "oh, I should add this to my blog...but I have so much else to add too, don't have time, I'll do it later" and here I am with no updates at all...

Last I updated was getting ready for the "warm up" show, I called it that because it wasn't a rated show.  Same day I had to haul over I also moved into my house, finally!  It's a cute little place but the neighborhood is weird, the driveways attend to about eight homes and go to the garages, whereas the front doors face each other separated by lawns and a sidewalk.  I suppose this would all be fine if you had a vehicle you could fit in the garage and didn't have to park on the street.


The show was fairly uneventful, however I am glad I did it.  I had total sea legs the first day and felt pretty uncomfortable with my riding, but the next day I went it and rocked it on both boys and ended up champion and reserve and felt much more confident for the rated shows to follow.


It was a bit of a tumultuous week, started feeling uncomfortable about the barn situation and leaving my colt and my mare so I started looking around for places to move them.  When I mentioned where I was to a few people at the show they gave me a look and all recommended I move out as soon as possible, guess my gut was telling me the right thing!  Ended up meeting one of the USEF stewards, Carl, and moved miss CorAgeous to his place, she's loving it there, her turnout pasture is HUGE!
Can't even see the whole thing in the photo, and she's got it all to herself!  She gets to come in at night and get pampered.  Royal also gets to go hang out there for a few days when he's not playing grown up show horsey.

Mom came the first week of the show (Spring Roundup), and helped set up the curtains and get the new show furniture.
see the ribbons blowing ^^, yes, it gets pretty windy here too >:(








Mom also brought her little baby with her and she got a taste of the horse show life, not sure she was a fan, she's definitely more of a lap dog 


Wasn't sure what I was going to show in since none of us were quite in show shape yet, and I haven't really shown since Stock Show 2010, but decided to be brave and put Raphael in the 1.15m, he rocked it even winning a class (poor guy never wins....cuz Gap usually beats him!)  Then I got even more brave and did Gap in the $5000 1.25m and $10000 1.35m (approx 4'6") classics and ended up 5th in both.  Gap was a superstar and pretty sure he was excited to be in the big ring again :)


THEN, Pin Oak started!  Haha, don't know how to make that sound dramatic, but I didn't really pay attention to the prize list to realize there were like andalusians and saddle seat horses and jousting and all sorts of crazy things, so the first week was kinda craziness!!  
Raphael started in the 1.15m then moved into the MoJAMs (modified Jr/Am) at 1.20m and won himself a paycheck.  Gap jumped around the highs while I tried to figure out how to do all of it again, and we finished 4th in the $7500 1.40m (4'9") classic on Sunday.


And we can't forget about the baby!  He gets to play with the big boys now, got his little mane and tail braided and paraded around the ring to show off his stuff.  PS, pretty proud of my braiding job ;) oh ya, the judge even commented on how nice the tail was, score points for me




Raphael has seemed to grow back his normal looking bay coat, Gap's got is good quality but he's like a burnt bay color, Fly Away is meh still kinda grayish but blacker than Gap, and poor Royal is almost roan looking and just fuzz and not great quality, not sure what's goin on with these guys :/

On a side note, whatever problems I was having with my back towards the end of last year are back with a vengeance.  I have the MRIs and Xrays and I need to find a doc to take them to here, cuz I'm pretty sure the diagnosis of strained chest, yes chest, muscles I got from the Rock Springs doc is NOT in fact accurate.  It's sort of weird though, bending and twisting doesn't bother it much, it's mostly concussion/compression that does it, ie riding, driving on bumpy roads, and the worst, jumping down from a horse.  Also it's pretty bad a night when I roll to change positions at all it causes severe pain for about 3-10 seconds until I relax into the position then the pain is almost completely gone.  Oh, and it also hurts when I take really deep breathes, worse when I breathe out, go figure!

Everyone has been asking where I'm living now and the best response I have is right here, until I decide on the next horse show!  Tyler is looking pretty promising for the moment, but not entirely sure just yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment