Thursday, April 18, 2013

Waiting Game

CorAgeous is currently adapted with a foal alert system, I like the idea but then again I'm also not so sure because it doesn't alert until the foal has actually breached and the vet said the foal is usually out by the time he gets there so I still have to come up with a plan as to my own foal watch.  When I asked if he had a better idea of when she'd foal since she's so close now he told me that the same people that predict foaling dates usually also work forecasting the weather, that made me laugh!

Catching up on old news, for the most part the show was pretty uneventful for me.  The jumps were pretty big and the courses were tough, some days they were just down right stupid though.  I got a handful of good ribbons but mostly more miles and fitness.  Up until the second to last day, then the last four weeks finally hit me.  I wasn't the out of breath tired you get from running up the stairs, more like my body was ready to just quit and be a puddle of jello.  In hindsight I sort of wish I had scratched the classic the last day since we were both so tired but I didn't because Gap had been so great the rest of the week, and the class definitely didn't turn out bad, just not where I would have wanted to be in the ribbons.

Saturday I packed up [what I thought was] a majority of my things since I only had the one class Sunday, but turns out it still took almost 3 or 4 hours to finish packing!  I'm thinking that's just because I was so tired I was just moving extra slow and not exactly being productive.  This whole ordeal is sort of a seat of my pants thing as far as plans are concerned, I hadn't been sure what I was going to do after Pin Oak but I decided to take my horses up to Christian and Shannon's place, both kind and fun people.  The recurring question is where am I going next, well I think I'd settled on Tyler, however at the moment we're in a holding pattern because of a certain voluptuous mare!  As of today she's 344 days, come on missy!!!!


Interesting fact, laid out all my horse's papers and was comparing, turns out Gap, Fly Away, Sabre, Royal, CorAgeous and of course Baby E all have Graphit within four generations.  Graphit is the sire of Grannus who is the type that I really like, turns it it must be Graphit that I like!  That being said I haven't really come up with names yet, I thought maybe trying to link it to graphite somehow, but anyway you look at it an E name is kinda tough.

Here's some I have come up with, not in love with any though:
Eserine, means chemistry, graphite is a chemical compound...?
Esenheis, greek meaning molding into one, unifying, literally into one
Emprise, adventurous, daring
Escorial, historic royal seat of the king of spain
Electrum, used as one of the earliest form of coins, Escudo (the sire's name) is also the name for a spanish coin



No comments:

Post a Comment