Saturday, April 20, 2013

What's in a Name

Spent time with my precious baby yesterday, still didn't come up with a name, but did decide I want to breed my mare again!  Have a few stallions picked out but need to talk to a breeding expert because several of them have another stud in common a little ways up so I need to find out how detrimental that is.  Normally I would say no right away but I noticed the other day that Royal has Ulft on the mare and sire's side...

As far as the name, it has to start with E, he turned out totally black, and since his dam sire is Cor Noir, I might like to put noir in the name, maybe cor since the line is Cor de la Breyer, Cor Noir, CorAgeous.  Last three on the sire's side have been Esc... but coming up empty handed there.  First thing that popped into my head with the dam and sire's names together is EsCort, haha, riiight.

Here's a few more I've concocted:

effrayant de noir            awesome (in black)

en grande noir              in full black

encornet                      squid

EnCorNet, heehee I even kinda like squid, black ink...I dunno, it could work :) especially with the wobbly legs he has right now!



No comments:

Post a Comment