My yearling is starting to come around, having some difficulties with him just because he was kinda left unhandled when I moved. I thought he was starting to get over that nipping nonesense, then he reached out while I was walking him yesterday and bit my finger! Little shit....
Oh, and my zipper busted on my custom boots a couple weeks ago, so I pulled out my other pair of show boots...busted another zipper. I mean really, so now...
Classy, I know, but it will have to do until I can get each of the other zippers fixed.
But in the spirit of positivity, I must brag on my 2 year old. He has come a long way since I got him and thought he was going to be trouble, who knows he probably will be, but I put a saddle on him for the first time a couple days ago and he didn't even turn around to look at it. Then, I decided to put it on again and stand on a mounting block and put some weight on his back and reach over and move the stirrups on each of his sides and he never moved a muscle. So I thought, to hell with it, climbed up on the fence, threw my leg over...and sat down! What an amazing little creature I have :)) <3
I always get a little defensive when people tell me riding isn't enough to keep me in shape, and it may not necessarily always be the case. But I have 9 horses right now, that keeps me busy! And I don't just ride, I have to clean stalls, clean pastures, fill water, load and unload up to 2000 pounds of feed at a time, there's a lot more work I do on a daily basis with the horses that keeps me away from the gyms! Especially when I was riding one like Raphael (in the photo), he'll give my arms a workout for sure.
As I mentioned in my reflection blog, I'm sure my attempt to have a positive attitude won't keep away the bad luck, like two pairs of zippers breaking, my credit card being cancelled due to fraud and my yearling needing stitches all on the same day, but I can try to be a happier person by focusing on the amazing people and animals that surround me and the peace and love they bring to my life.



.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment